Aerobed Opti-Comfort Queen Air Mattress with Headboard review – 2017 update
This Aeorobed is the top product among air mattresses with a headboard, there’s little doundt about that. In the review below we’ll present the results we’ve seen after testing it for 13 months.
We’ll take a look at its advantages and shortcomings as well as its ratings in 5 quality categories.
We’ll also compare it to the currently top rated model – you can see all our top picks here.
Inflation and set-up of Aerobed OptiComfort with headboard
Feature by feature
The added lofty layer of fabric is soft to the touch yet extremely durable. The surface of the bed is upholstered with bonded (or nonwoven) fabric consisting of entangled filaments or fibers.
The manufacturer doesn’t tell us, though, whether the bonding process was achieved thermally, mechanically or chemically. The non-woven outer layer seems to be superior to polyurethane in terms of durability, and are definitely safer.
Potential harmful effects of PU included autoimmune diseases, asthma & allergies.
It’s the same material type like top models from the brand – you can see out top picks from Aerobed in Twin, Queen, King and Full size here.
90% more resistant to punctures, 20% lighter & with 30% less PVC
We’re not overly fond of statements such as this one, and we would much rather see the actual numbers rather than percentages.
A true air mattress expert will wonder how they’ve managed to “shave off” 20% of the weight and how it affects the overall structural basis of the bed.
On the other hand, we do encourage less PVC in inflatable furniture, especially combined with the complete absence of polyurethane.
The material is stretch-resistant
This fact alone might save you a ton of headaches with your new bed.
This means that the air capacity won’t increase under pressure, the mattress will not develop structural deformities over time, it will not sag or lose its body support index due to frequent use.
What we’ve seen in our tests confirmes the claim that the materials stretchess less.
Pump and Valve
The bed features a built-in Perfect Pressure air pump, a staple inflation mechanism for newer Coleman models as well. The pump is controlled via a remote want, allowing you to adjust your desired firmness without getting out of bed
Pressure indicator is something you don’t see too often in air mattresses. There’s usually a confusion when it comes to over pumping your air bed, and this model is finally putting a full stop to it.
How the indicator works
The indicator will simply light up when the mattress simply light up when the mattress is filled to capacity, and you can work your way from there
Compared to the top product in its class – the Dream Series from SoundAsleep
|Value for money|
Othe considerations about the Aerobed Opti-Comfort Queen with Headboard
- The Whoosh valve allows you to deflate the mattress in a matter of seconds, but also control the overall firmness using the firmness adjust button. Whoosh valve can also adjust firmness “mechanically” by letting the air out in short bursts
- This model approaches regular beds with its 4-layer construction, specifically designed for comfort and reduction of motion transfer between the two sleepers
- The mattress is guaranteed by the company to be 100% leak-proof
- The approx. measurements of the bed are 78″ x 60″ x 18″ and the height is 18″, which makes for comfortable getting in and out of the bed
- You standard Queen Size sheets will fit perfectly, and the bed is specifically designed to allow you to tuck them in
- We don’t usually put much stock in headboards because of their common purpose of jacking up the features count and misdirect you from obvious problems. This is not the case here, so you can enjoy the headboard piece without wondering what kind of compromise are you making for it.
- The design of the Aerobed OptiComfort Queen air mattress with headboard makes it a unique product on the market
- Comes with a carry bag
The warranty issuer for this product is the Coleman Company itself. It offers a 2-year warranty for the pump and valve, and 1 year for the mattress itself. their warranty policy is pretty much the same for all their models, like the Aerobed Classic, for example.
During that period, universally, the company will repair or replace any part or product which proves to be defective under normal usage conditions.
In the unlikely event that a certain product or part cannot be repaired, Coleman will replace your product with a similar one of equal or greater value.
Note that this warranty is non-transferrable and it applies to the first purchase from and authorized AeroBed dealer.
You can see our main guide on top Aerobed air mattresses here.
With such an impressive background and list of features, this air bed is definitely something to keep in mind the next time you feel like having the overnight guests, going on a camping adventure or simply reclaim some space in your house/apartment.
As with every product, there’s always some space for additional ironing out, but the extensive warranty policy offered by Coleman will cover any potential problems you might experience with this product.
Overall, it’s an excellent piece of inflatable furniture, on par with some of the much more expensive models.