Serta Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump – 2023 Review
An industry classic
S erta Raised Never Flat air mattress is one of the very few airbeds that never left the TOP 10 since we first started reviewing and testing air mattress.
Have in mind that we are now officially in the triple digest of the air mattress we analyzed down to the nitty-gritty. That speaks volumes about the quality of the Serta Never Flat.
Keeping up with the new arrivals
Most of our top rated models are relatively young (like the SoundAsleep Dream Series) compared to the Serta Never Flat.
While the other industry giants have problems keeping up with the latest technologies, Serta Never Flat is not one of them.
Serta Raised Never Flat on QVC
All quality ratings of the Serta Raised Never Flat
Here’s what Serta did in the last few years to keep up:
- Improved on what was already one of the best pumps in the industry (more on that in a minute)
- Offered the airbed in vivid new colors (like blue), the only issue is – these new colors are not always available. It’s not a big deal from where we’re standing since we prefer the classic beiges anyway.
- Included a pillow-top version of the Serta Never Flat – a nice touch, especially if you have in mind that we’re one of those people who hate buying products only to realize they need more stuff to use it (like topper or pads)
Serta Raised air mattress review – feature by feature analysis
The Never Flat pump system is basically two pumps – the main one which inflates and deflates the air mattress and a smaller, secondary pump.
The secondary pump is where the name comes from – it stays plugged in through the night and its sensors quietly add air if they register a drop in pressure.
That’s why this Serta hold the title of a top choice if you are welcoming guests and what to make absolutely sure that they don’t wake up on the floor.
- Available Sizes: Queen & Twin
- Dual pump system – silent operation, great for all-night use
- Fast pump – fully inflated in 4 minutes or less
- Dimensions: 80 x 60 inches (Queen), 39 x 74 inches (Twin)
- Height: 18 “
- Number of coils: 21 (Twin), 25 (Queen)
- Max weight capacity: 350 pounds (Twin), 500 pounds (Queen)
- Sure grip bottom – keeps the bed in place without moving
- Available colors: blue and beige
- Top material: flocked, puncture-resistant and water-resistant
- Auto-shutoff – pump system is turned off after inflation or deflation process
- Warranty: 2 years
What’s better about the
Serta Never Flat air mattress(apart from the pump)
Great for warmth and comfort, there is a pillow top for the Serta Never Flat air mattress.
This is important for those who are looking for both comfort and durability, as the pillow-top version is not only more comfortable but much less prone to puncture, especially if you have cats or dogs.
The pillow top is also water-resistant so it is less of a maintenance problem and can be used for outdoors.
The circular coils amount to 35 in queen size and 21 in twin size.
These coils have been arranged properly to keep the sleeping surface as decently leveled as possible.
The bed has a specialized bottom part which keeps it from moving from side to side – a good feature for most sleepers.
Once the airbed has been inflated or deflated to the fullest, the pump system will shut itself off.
This ensures that the pump system’s motor will last for a long time and is a smart feature to consider for the Serta air mattress.
The raised height of this air mattress is just right at 18 inches. This makes it easy to get on and off the air bed. Not as high as the Serta EZ bed (it’s more luxurios cousin) but high and sturdy enough to make getting in and out easy, even for the elderly.
Main PROs & CONs of the Serta Never Flat air mattress:
- The Never Flat Pump eliminates the risk of waking up on the floor
- Pillow top version makes it less prone to punctures
- Low % of air leak development
- 2 Year warranty
- Easy to set up and down – packs compactly into an included carry bag
- Structural integrity – Circular coils mimic the steel coils of a regular bed
- Thicker materials used – the vinyl is sturdier and less likely to be punctured
- If you get the version without the topper, the indentations are pretty deep and can be a problem for people used to a perfectly flat sleeping surface
- It’s a peg heavier that similar models – weighs about 20 lbs
- Not all size choices available (only twin and queen)
- About 10-20 % more expensive compared to models without the NeverFlat pump